Network Booting

torsten torsten at
Thu Jun 19 14:43:06 EDT 2003

>> 7. Does the  Linux Terminal Server  Project (LTSP) have  anything useful
>> that I could/should be using?
>See answer to 6.  Conceivably, but it depends on what you're trying to
>do.  So what are you trying to do?

Thank you for the very complete answers.  This solves a number of concerns
I have run into.

I am trying setup a cluster to run MPICH.  Some of the PC's are
headed workstations, the rest will be headless (for MPICH only).

While we have manually (via CD-ROM) setup the workstations, I want to
automate the addition and maintenance of headless PC's.

I am trying to use DHCP with PXE booting to boot the PC's.  Any advice
toward this general direction, I am grateful for.