torsten at howard.cc
Thu Jun 19 09:07:37 EDT 2003
I've been struggling for days to make a single computer be able to
network boot. I've read many documents, and I'm a little confused.
Here are some questions, and I am very grateful for assistance, in
1. I've seen references to bootp/dhcp, bootp or dhcp, bootp and dhcp,
dhcp over bootp - Which one do I need. Do I need both bootp and dhcp?
2. My Lab is on the University subnet. Will my bootp/dhcp server
conflict with the university system? Do I need to isolate my lab with
IP masq first?
3. On which broadcast/subnet does PXE send bootp requests. Does it make
a difference, with PXE, whether I use bootp or DHCP?
4. What are people using to setup/install partitions? I've seen bpbatch
and ka-tools. I'm interested in GPL software, primarily.
5. Are there any known problems with Realtek PXE ROMS? My network cards
are system integrated Realtek's.
6. Should I just download and setup the MOSIX stuff?
7. Does the Linux Terminal Server Project (LTSP) have anything useful
that I could/should be using?
Beowulf mailing list, Beowulf at beowulf.org
To change your subscription (digest mode or unsubscribe) visit http://www.beowulf.org/mailman/listinfo/beowulf
More information about the Beowulf