Cheap PCs from Wal-Mart

Alvin Oga alvin at Maggie.Linux-Consulting.com
Mon Jun 2 17:18:06 EDT 2003

hi ya

On Mon, 2 Jun 2003, Mark Hahn wrote:

> > re. the points on floating point performance, these are valid.
> > But I think we should note the new Nehemiah boards which are just out.
> > Well worth looking at I think - I intend to get one soon, and I'll report
> > back if/when I do.
> > http://www.mini-itx.com/reviews/nehemiah/?page=10#s21
>
> hmm.  for rhetorical purposes, let's compare the numbers from this article
> to two high-end unis:
>
> 	dhry	whet	mmi	mmf	memi	memf
> e800	1048	285	963	1588	194	208
> e10k	1300	351	1193	1968	233	245
> e10k-n	1591	366	2255	2285	664	389
> p4	6809	9327	22170	13896	5050	5041
> ath	3319	8855	13011	12217	2912	3080

I wonder what the specific details was for the aove p4/ath cpus.

For the $$$ difference betwen a p4/amd and c3 ...  it seems
like a non-issue for performance of spending the extra $50 - $100
for better performance in the above benchmark numbers

( but, its a bigger price/performance gap for the lastest FSB-800 cpus
  and runs $300 - $500 or higher

good stuff in either case ...

have fun
alvin