Cheap PCs from Wal-Mart

Gerry Creager N5JXS gerry.creager at tamu.edu
Sun Jun 1 14:14:02 EDT 2003

I've got a Via Epia Mini-ITX board I've gotten for another project.  We
loaded RH 9 via PXE-Boot (with particular thanks to RGB!), as in, a
normal install rather than diskless boot.  Works great.  I've got the
slowest, equivalent to a 600 MHz Celeron, but that's all I needed for
this project... in fact, overkill.

Runs pretty cool, even with just the 2 puny little case fans, and can be
driven off a 12v Wall Wart (?tm?; should I trade mark it?  no...) at
less than 5a.  The wart I have is rated for 4.5a, but I've not measured
it yet.

Built-on sound, video, USB, 1394, ethernet, and video out.

gerry

Gerry Creager -- gerry.creager at tamu.edu
Cell: 979.229.5301 Office: 979.458.4020 FAX: 979.847.8578
Page: 979.228.0173