NFS problem

Brian D. Ropers-Huilman bropers at lsu.edu
Thu Jul 31 12:35:09 EDT 2003

Roudy,

Do you have portmapper running on node1? Do you have nfsd running on node1?
Does your /etc/exports file include /home? Is the /home export open to the
client node?

Do you have portmapper running on your client node? Do you have NFS support in
your kernel or do you have a mount daemon running like rpciod or biod?

Finally, do you have any firewalling on either of the nodes?

The client and server must have all appropriate software running first and be
properly configured before anything will work. Also, if any of those ports are
blocked, at either end, things won't work.

--
Brian D. Ropers-Huilman                        (225) 578-0461 (V)
Systems Administrator                 AIX      (225) 578-6400 (F)
Office of Computing Services       GNU Linux   brian at ropers-huilman.net
High Performance Computing            .^.      http://www.ropers-huilman.net/
Fred Frey Building, Rm. 201, E-1Q     /V\                          \o/
Louisiana State University           (/ \)           --  __o   /    |
Baton Rouge, LA 70803-1900           (   )          --- `\<,  /    `\\,