Testing - blades

Wed Jul 30 08:46:41 EDT 2003

hi ya angel

On Wed, 30 Jul 2003, Angel Rivera wrote:

> each node has it's own power supply. When everything is running right it's
> the bomb. When not, then you have to take down two nodes to work on one. Or,

thats the problem... take 2 down to fix 1... not good

> They are 10 - 2.8 (dual 1.4 3ware 7500 cards in a 6-1-1 configuration.) The
> vendor is right down the street. We keep on-site spares ready to do so we
> always have a hot spare on each card.

if you're near 3ware in sunnyvale, than i drive by you daily .. :-)

> > 	- i think mini-itx might very well take over the expensive blade
> > 	market  asumming certain "pull-n-replace" options in blade
> > 	is not too important in mini-itx ( when you have 200-400 nodes
> > 	anyway in a rack )
>
> No they are two standalone boxes in a 1U with different everything. That
> means it is very compact in the back and power and reset buttons close
> together in the front-so you have to pay attention. But they rock as compute
> nodes.

we do custom 1U boxes ... anything that is reasonable is done .. :-)

> We are now going to explore blades now.  Anyone have recommendations?

blades..
	http://www.linux-1u.net/1U_Others
	- towards the bottom of the page.. up about 2-3 sections

c ya
alvin