Dell Linux mailing list

Mon Jul 28 22:03:57 EDT 2003

hi ya

On Tue, 29 Jul 2003, Angel Rivera wrote:

> > a good box works out of the crate ( outof the box ) and keeps
> > working for years and years.. and keeps working even if you
> > open the covers and fiddle with the insides
>
> Sounds great on paper, but...

yup...

and that is precisely why i dont use gateway, compaq, dell ...
( i wont be putting important data on those boxes )

i qa/qc my own boxes for production use ...
and yes, never touch a box in production .. never ever .. no matter what
well within reason ...if the production boxes are dying... fix it asap
and methodically and documented and tested and qa'd and qc'd and
foo-blessed

c ya
alvin