cold rooms & machines

Bogdan Costescu bogdan.costescu at iwr.uni-heidelberg.de
Fri Jul 25 10:13:12 EDT 2003

On Wed, 23 Jul 2003, Ken Chase wrote:

> _EXCEPT_ a cold room to store chemicals and conduct experiments at 5C
> (its largely unused

If by this you mean that computers and chemicals will share the room, I'd
advise against it. Especially if the chemicals include some acids or
volatile substances... Giving that on my university diploma it's written
"biochemist"  I think that I know what I'm talking about :-)
Even with non-dangerous substances, if some of them are obtained
commercially they might cost an arm and a leg and even something extra, so
the owners should know what can happen if the cooling installation fails
for some reason...

--
Bogdan Costescu

Telephone: +49 6221 54 8869, Telefax: +49 6221 54 8868