Hubs

Robert G. Brown rgb at phy.duke.edu
Thu Jul 24 15:40:37 EDT 2003

On Thu, 24 Jul 2003, Eric Uren wrote:

> To whomever it may concern,
>
>            I am trying to link together 30 boards through Ethernet. What
> would be your recomendation for how many and what type of Hubs I should use
> to connect them all together. Any imput is appreciated.

Any hint as to what you're going to be doing with the 30 boards?  The
obvious choice is a cheap 48 port 10/100BT switch from any name-brand
vendor.  However, there are circumstances where you'd want more
expensive switches, 1000BT switches, or a different network altogether.

   rgb

Duke University Dept. of Physics, Box 90305
Durham, N.C. 27708-0305
Phone: 1-919-660-2567  Fax: 919-660-2525     email:rgb at phy.duke.edu