cold rooms & machines

Ken Chase math at
Wed Jul 23 19:58:14 EDT 2003

A group I know wants to put a cluster in their labs, but they
dont have any facilities for cooling _EXCEPT_ a cold room to store
chemicals and conduct experiments at 5C (its largely unused and could
probably be set to any temp up to 10C, really - even -10C if desired

The chillers in there are pretty underworked and might be able to
handle the 3000W odd of heat that would be radiating out of the

What other criteria should we be looking at - non-condensing
environment I would guess is one - is this just a function of the %RH
in the room? What should it be set to? Any other concerns?

Ken Chase, math at