Dell 1600SC + 82540EM poor performance..HELP NEEDED

Jeff Layton jeffrey.b.layton at lmco.com
Thu Jul 24 08:04:20 EDT 2003

Stephane,

   What kind of switch (100 or 1000)? Have you looked
at the switch ports? Are they connecting at full or half
duplex? How about the NICs? You'll see bad performance
with a duplex mismatch between the NICs and switch.
Are you forcing the NICs or are they auto-negiotiating?

Good Luck!

Jeff

--
Dr. Jeff Layton