Clusters Vs Grids

Dean Johnson dtj at uberh4x0r.org
Tue Jul 22 21:46:33 EDT 2003

On Tue, 2003-07-22 at 17:56, Robert G. Brown wrote:
> On Tue, 22 Jul 2003, Gerry Creager N5JXS wrote:
>
> > "pathetically" parallel.  We've seen the growth of clusters, especially
>
> Gerry, you're a genius.  Pathetically parallel indeed.  I'll have to
> work this into my next talk...:-)
>
>    rgb
>
> (back from a fairly obvious, long, vacation:-)

While I agree that there needs to be a term, I think "pathetically
parallel" is ambiguous. We know what we are talking about, having been
steeped in the world of parallelism, but others aren't. If I am pathetic
at sports, it means that I am not very athletic, ie pathetically
athletic. Perhaps "Frighteningly"... ah, nevermind. ;-)

--

	-Dean