Global Shared Memory and SCI/Dolphin

Steffen Persvold sp at
Mon Jul 21 10:54:31 EDT 2003

On Mon, 21 Jul 2003, Richard Walsh wrote:

> Steffen Persvold wrote:
> >Our message passing software may runs on all four interconnects (and ethernet).
>  But the one-sided features of the (cray-like) SHMEM and MPI-2 libraries
>  need underlying hardware support to perform.  You must be saying that the
>  Scali implements the MPI-2 one-sided routines and they can be called even
>  over Ethernet, but are actually two-sided emulations with two-sided performance
>  on latency (on Ethernet), right?

We don't have MPI-2 one-sided, yet, but since we now run on several
interconnects, when we implement it we will use the hardware RDMA features
where we can and emulate it where we can't, yes.

      Steffen Persvold           ,,,       mailto: sp at
   Senior Software Engineer     (o-o)
Scali AS, PObox 150, Oppsal, N-0619 Oslo, Norway, Tel: +4792484511