Global Shared Memory and SCI/Dolphin

Richard Walsh rbw at ahpcrc.org
Mon Jul 21 10:15:04 EDT 2003

Steffen Persvold wrote:

>Our message passing software may runs on all four interconnects (and ethernet).

 But the one-sided features of the (cray-like) SHMEM and MPI-2 libraries
 need underlying hardware support to perform.  You must be saying that the
 Scali implements the MPI-2 one-sided routines and they can be called even
 over Ethernet, but are actually two-sided emulations with two-sided performance
 on latency (on Ethernet), right?

 Regards,

 rbw
#---------------------------------------------------
# Richard Walsh
# Project Manager, Cluster Computing, Computational
#                  Chemistry and Finance
# netASPx, Inc.
# 1200 Washington Ave. So.
# Minneapolis, MN 55415
# VOX:    612-337-3467
# FAX:    612-337-3400
# EMAIL:  rbw at networkcs.com, richard.walsh at netaspx.com
#         rbw at ahpcrc.org
#
# "Without mystery, there can be no authority."
#                                  -Charles DeGaulle
# "Why waste time learning when ignornace is
#  instantaneous?"                 -Thomas Hobbes