New version of the sge_mpiblast tool

Joseph Landman landman at
Mon Jul 21 02:58:13 EDT 2003

Hi Folks:

  We completely rewrote our sge_mpiblast execution tool into a real
program that allows you to run the excellent mpiBLAST
( code within the SGE queuing system on a
bio-cluster.  The new code is named run_mpiblast and is available from
our download page (
Documentation is in process, and the source is heavily commented.

  The principal differences between the old and new versions are

. error detection and problem reporting
. file staging
. rewritten in a real programming language, no more shell script
. works within SGE, or from the command line
. uses config files
. run isolation
. debugging and verbosity controls

  This is a merge between an internal project and the ideas behind the
original code.  Please give it a try and let us know how it behaves.
The link to the information page is .

Joseph Landman, Ph.D
Scalable Informatics LLC
email: landman at