Global Shared Memory and SCI/Dolphin

Daniel Kidger Daniel.Kidger at quadrics.com
Thu Jul 17 07:15:56 EDT 2003

Franz Marini wrote:

>  Nonetheless, I still can't quite understand why so little effort is
>being put in developing a GSM solution for commodity cluster (even with
>Myrinet or Quadrics, I'm thinking about SCI/Dolphin only because of the hw
>support for RDMA operations).

The Quadrics Interconnect also does hardware RDMA, and yes a significant
percentage of people do use Global Shared Memory programming models rather
than message passing.

In fact I thought all four of SCALI/Quadrics/Myrinet/Infiniband could do
RDMA ??

Yours,
Daniel.

Dr. Dan Kidger, Quadrics Ltd.      daniel.kidger at quadrics.com
One Bridewell St., Bristol, BS1 2AA, UK         0117 915 5505