gentoo cluster

Eray Ozkural exa at
Fri Jul 11 05:17:58 EDT 2003

On Thursday 10 July 2003 06:14, P. Aaron Lott wrote:
> Hi,
> Our group is interested in building a beowulf cluster using gentoo
> linux as the OS. Has anyone on the list had experience with this or
> know anyone who has experience with this? We're trying to figure out
> the best way to spawn nodes once we have configured one machine
> properly. Any suggestions such as pseudo kickstart methods would be
> greatly appreciated.

I investigated this a while ago. It turns out that gentoo isn't really geared
towards cluster use, but once you've customized it it can be pretty easy to
use a system replication tool.

I guess gentoo could benefit from a standardized HPC clustering solution,
including parallel system libraries and tools.

Eray Ozkural (exa) <erayo at>
Comp. Sci. Dept., Bilkent University, Ankara  KDE Project:
www:  Malfunction: