Small PCs cluster

Daniel Fernandez daniel at labtie.mmt.upc.es
Thu Jul 10 08:14:42 EDT 2003

Hi again,

Thanks for the answers, we also checked the Mini-ITX mainboard, but C3
processors don't offer enough FPU raw speed. On the other hand, the
integrated nVidia ethernet controller is in fact a Realtek 8201BL, this
is our last trouble before we decide what to purchase.

Our actual cluster is equipped with 3Com 3c905CX-TX-M ethernet controllers,
our doubt is about that Realtek controller because I suspect that Realtek
ethernet nics put more load onto the main CPU ¿ can anyone confirm this ?

I suppose that the NIC for cluster of choice is 3Com around there, but...
¿ how about Realtek NICs under heavy load? If doesn't work well, we can
 afford an extra 3Com NIC of course.

--
Daniel Fernandez <daniel at labtie.mmt.upc.es>
Laboratori de Termotècnia i Energia - CTTC