NIS problem ..

Rakesh Gupta rgupta at
Tue Jul 8 04:55:11 EDT 2003

   I am setting up a small 8 node cluster .. I have installed RedHat 9.0
on all the nodes.
  Now I want to setup NIS .. I have ypserv , portmap, ypbind running on
one of the nodes (The server) on the others I have ypbind and portmap.

The NIS Domain is also set in /etc/sysconfig networkk ..

Now when I do /var/yp/make .. an error of the following form comes

" failed to send 'clear' to local ypserv: RPC: Unknown HostUpdating
passwd.byuid "

and a sequence of such messages follow..

can anyone please help me with this.

Rakesh Gupta
Research Consultant
Computer Science and Engineering Department
IIT Kharagpur
West Bengal
India - 721302