Kickstart Help

Joshua Baker-LePain jlb17 at duke.edu
Thu Jul 3 08:14:36 EDT 2003

On Thu, 3 Jul 2003 at 1:00am, torsten wrote

> I'm  working   on  a  bootable-CD-ROM  (NFS-mounted   distro)  kickstart
> installation method.  When the computer boots, it give me the
> 	boot:
> prompt, and waits.  I havae to type in
> 	linux ks=cdrom:/ks.cfg
> to get it going.  Is there any way to make this automatic?

Modify syslinux.cfg to have the default be your ks entry.  Also, crank
down the timeout.

> During the  install, it  gets through to  aspell-ca-somevesrsion package
> and stops, saying it is corrupt.  I haven't checked if it is corrupt, or
> even exists, because I only copied one CD-ROM (disc1).  How do I control
> which packages are  installed (since only a bare minimum  are needed, as
> this is a headless node)?

You control the packages in the, err, %packages section of the ks.cfg.
You can specify families and individual packages in there, as well as
specifying packages not to install.

Kickstart is pretty well documented.  All the options are listed here:

http://www.redhat.com/docs/manuals/linux/RHL-9-Manual/custom-guide/s1-kickstart2-options.html

--
Joshua Baker-LePain
Department of Biomedical Engineering