Linux support for AMD Opteron with Broadcom NICs

Jeff Layton jeffrey.b.layton at
Wed Jul 2 12:33:44 EDT 2003

Mark Hahn wrote:

> do be certain that your dimms are arranged right - our whitebox vendor
> seemed to think that all the dimms should go in cpu0's bank first,
> with no inter-bank or inter-node interleaving.  performance was ~30%
> better under Stream when the dimms were properly distributed and
> both kinds of interleaving enabled in bios.

Care to post from Stream numbers as well as the hardware
configuration? :)

Jeff Layton
Senior Engineer - Aerodynamics and CFD
Lockheed-Martin Aeronautical Company - Marietta

"Is it possible to overclock a cattle prod?" - Irv Mullins