MPICH 1.2.5 and PVFS Problem

Aaron Collier collier at cs.widener.edu
Mon Jan 20 14:52:09 EST 2003

Hello,

I have been having problems getting MPICH 1.2.5 to compile with ROMIO
support for PVFS.  I have installed PVFS and used the -cflags argument to
pass the location of the PVFS include files, but I still get errors.  From
what I can tell the problem isn't with ROMIO, but rather with MPICH.  I
checked and ROMIO compiles all of the files properly with the added
include argument, but MPICH complains about the library file (libmpich.a).
The error messages I get complain about unknown references (the function
prototypes it needs are in the include files I provided an argument for).
What am I doing wrong?  MPICH compiles without any errors when I specify
that ROMIO only support nfs, but I really need PVFS to work as well.  I
even tried compiling ROMIO seperately, but the Makefile included with the
source distribution has some syntax problems.  I also had to add a few
includes to numerous files to get them to compile properly.  Even then I
couldn't get ROMIO to install properly.  Has anyone configured MPICH with
ROMIO support for PVFS?  Any help anyone could provide would be greatly
appreciated.

Bye,
Aaron