Fortran compiler for Linux

Franz Marini franz.marini at
Fri Jan 17 04:06:41 EST 2003

On Thu, 16 Jan 2003, Roland Krause wrote:

> Hi,
> can anybody here recommend a Fortran compiler for Linux? I have
> Redhat-8.0 installed and I am porting a large numerics code from
> Solaris to Linux. This going to run on a WS cluster in parallel with
> Intel doesnt run on Redhat-8 since there is no support for it yet.

Intel *DOES* run on RH 8.0 ... I have it installed on some machines here
and it works flawlessly, even on a dual AMD system ;) (obviously, if you
don't try to use the p4-only instructions :) ).

Just give it a try, you shouldn't be doin anything special to get it

Franz Marini
Sys Admin and Software Analyst,
Dept. of Physics, University of Milan, Italy.
email : franz.marini at