Random Number Generation.

Randall Jouett rules at bellsouth.net
Tue Jan 7 13:22:21 EST 2003

Hi folks,

One last thing before I do some serious parallel and beowulf
study. I was wondering if you could improve the latency generator
I described earlier by doing something like this:

  When compute nodes are idle, rather than just sit there, they
  could open up /dev/random and generate random streams that could
  be added to the entropy pool? As soon as they'd get some real
  work to do, they'd stop doing this and get on with the task
  at hand. Other types of random generation could be used in
  place of /dev/random, of course.

Hmmm. How about a random-number generating screen blanker in
a grid environment while we're at it, too? :^)

All my replies will be off list.

Randall
--
Randall Jouett