Experience with SMC 8624T L2 switches and nics

Robert G. Brown rgb at phy.duke.edu
Thu Feb 27 05:44:45 EST 2003

On Thu, 27 Feb 2003, Eugen Leitl wrote:

> On Thu, 27 Feb 2003, Felix Rauch wrote:
> > In the paper we are mainly interested in bandwidth (not latency) and
> > examine a few different networks on our 128 node cluster "Xibalba" [1]:
> An offtopic question. A friend of mine is writing spiking neuronal network
> code, which are exquisitely sensitive to timing jitter and hate latency.
> Has anyone coded stuffed spikes into a packet coded with a precision time
> stamp?

Couldn't they get hurt if they dropped one of the spikes through their
foot unwrapping it?

Seriously, you might need to define "spiking neuronal network code" to
get an answer to this.  Do you mean a realtime simulation of
synchronous neuronal propagation with the equivalent of latching windows
or the like to differentiate packet bursts?

Duke University Dept. of Physics, Box 90305
Durham, N.C. 27708-0305
Phone: 1-919-660-2567  Fax: 919-660-2525     email:rgb at phy.duke.edu