Quick survey -- UPSs on slave nodes?

Dean Johnson dtj at uberh4x0r.org
Mon Feb 10 17:24:39 EST 2003

On Mon, 2003-02-10 at 15:59, Ray Muno wrote:
> When we installed our clusters, we just viewed the UPS as part of the facility
> cost along with air conditioning.  Many of people tend to overlook the
> facility costs involved in running a cluster but they are significant,
> especially when the clusters get large.

And facilities people typically move much slower than computer sales
people. Somehow our PC Mall salesperson can ship me a truckload of
equipment faster than the facilities people can get me my coupla hundred
amp circuit and upgrade the air conditioning in the room.

--
Dean Johnson <dtj at uberh4x0r.org>