[Beowulf] is "TCP Short Messages" patch necessary/available for 2.4 kernel?

Kervin L. Pierre kervin at blueprintinc.com
Sat Dec 20 23:36:09 EST 2003

Thanks Jeffrey,

Is there a kernel config or a /proc file associated with TCP Short
Messages?  Or is it enabled by default?  Eg with the patch one had to
'echo 1 > /proc/sys/net/ipv4/tcp_faster_timeouts', but this file is not
in 2.4's /proc.

On a related note, does anyone have any TCP options I can turn on to
improve the network performance of my beowulf?  I have 50 nodes using
channel-bonding on 4 cisco switches.

Thanks again,
--Kervin