[Beowulf] is "TCP Short Messages" patch necessary/available for 2.4 kernel?

Kervin L. Pierre kervin at blueprintinc.com
Sat Dec 20 17:30:13 EST 2003

Hello,

I am upgrading software on a cluster at my college and part of the
documentation says to patch the kernel with the "TCP Short Messages"
patch found at http://www.icase.edu/coral/LinuxTCP.html .

The patch is only available for 2.2 series kernel and none seems to be
done for the 2.4 kernel.  The contact email on that page bounces as well.

Is this patch still necessary for TCP Short Messages functionality?  If
so where can I find the patch against 2.4?

Any information would be appreciated,
--Kervin