[Beowulf] RH Update 1 Announcement

Joe Landman landman at scalableinformatics.com
Sat Dec 20 14:16:02 EST 2003

So my questions are (relative to this), which product would be used for
the compute nodes on a cluster?

Redhat has:
	RHEL WS at ~$792 from web store

SUSE has:
	SLES 2 CPU license at ~$767 from their web store
	SL Pro 9.0 for AMD64 at  ~$120

I assume the $700++ items have the NUMA patches.  Does the SL Pro
product?

Of course there are other distributions one could use.  Commercially
Scyld, CLIC, and a few others are out or coming out such as Callident .
Non-commercial you have ROCKS, cAos (soon), White-Box, Debian, OSCAR +
[RH | Mandrake], biobrew, Gentoo, and probably a few others.

Who is going to support the x86_64 platforms?  RH and SUSE are obvious,
but I think that cAos, ROCKS, CLIC, Gentoo, et al may/will support
x86_64.  Has anyone compiled a list yet?

Curious.

Joe

--
Joseph Landman, Ph.D