[Beowulf] Wireless Channel Bonding

Fri Dec 19 14:48:50 EST 2003

hi ya jim

On Fri, 19 Dec 2003, Jim Lux wrote:

> I see no philosophical reason why one couldn't, for instance, plug in
> multiple PCI based wireless cards. To the computer they just look like
> network interfaces.  The problem you might face is the lack of drivers for
> the high performance 802.11a or 802.11g PCI cards.

i've gotten a netgear wg311 (802.11g) nic recognized/configured
on my test redhat EL - ws setup with the madwifi drivers

collection of wireless drivers and supported cards:

	http://www.Linux-Sec.net/Wireless

> If someone can confirm that, for instance, the LinkSys WMP55AG works with
> Linux, particularly in connection with a VIA Mini-ITX motherboard, I'd be
> real happy to hear about it.

i'll be playing with the linksys WMP54g next for the other end of the
wireless connection, and hopefully run ipsec between teh two connections
since wep is a cracked technology

c ya
alvin