[Beowulf] Quiet *and* powerful

Daniel Pfenniger daniel.pfenniger at obs.unige.ch
Sat Dec 13 13:28:45 EST 2003

Hi,

Its not a 1U, its a low-noise Linux P4 box, but really *low* noise: the
transtec 1200
We bought these for offices precisely because these boxes are designed
for low noise.

http://www.transtec.ch/CH/E/products/workstations/linuxworkstations/transtec1200lownoiseworkstation.html?fsid=342edfd38a845c179dd18ef965091b2d

In practice in the office the box can barely be noticed,  I can imagine
a dozen or more
of these boxes would not disturb a normal conversation.

    Dan