autofs

Patrick Begou Patrick.Begou at hmg.inpg.fr
Tue Dec 9 08:22:39 EST 2003

Kimmo Kallio a écrit :
> This is not specific to your application but a general autofs issue: If
> and autofs directory is not mounted, it simply doesn't exists and some
> operations (like file exists) do fail. As a workaround try doing a
> indirect autofs mount via a symlink, instead of mounting:
>
>   /my/directory
>
> do a link :
>
>   /my/directory -> /tmp_mnt/my/directory
>
> and automount /tmp_mnt/my/directory instead, but always use /my/directory
> in file references. Resolving the link forces the mount operation and
> solves the problem.

I've done something similar but I've added "." in the linked path, like
this:
/my/directory -> /tmp_mnt/my/directory/.

I didn't get any problem with such a link.

Patrick

|  Equipe M.O.S.T.         | http://most.hmg.inpg.fr          |
|  Patrick BEGOU           |       ------------               |
|  LEGI                    | mailto:Patrick.Begou at hmg.inpg.fr |
|  BP 53 X                 | Tel 04 76 82 51 35               |
|  38041 GRENOBLE CEDEX    | Fax 04 76 82 52 71               |