Fedora for x86_64

Alex Martin a.j.martin at qmul.ac.uk
Mon Dec 1 12:47:18 EST 2003

After just installing it...It appears to be mostly 64-bit with support for
32-bit bins...some applications e.g. openoffice don't apparently yet compile
for x86_64.

cheers,
Alex

On Monday 01 December 2003 5:11 pm, A.J. Rossini wrote:
> Anyone know if it is a "true 64-bit" release, or a biarch (32/64), or
> just a 32bit?
>
> best,
> -tony
>
> Mike Snitzer <msnitzer at lnxi.com> writes:
> > On Mon, Dec 01 2003 at 07:37,
> >
> > John Hearns <john.hearns at clustervision.com> wrote:
> >> I saw this on the Fedora list that it has been released for x86_64
> >> http://fedora.linux.duke.edu/fc1_x86_64/
> >>
> >> I should say that I haven't tried/used this myself, just thought
> >> it would be of interest to this list.
> >
> > It should be noted that this is NOT an official Fedora Core 1 release for
> > amd64; as taken from the post to fedora-devel:

> > ISOs will not be provided for this release, but everything is there for
> > an install.
> >
> > /************************************************************************
> >*** *       WARNING: This release is a preview, it is not an official
> > Fedora *       Core 1 Release, this is not an official Fedora Core Test
> > Release. *       This release may very well cause damage to your data,
> > your system, *       your pets and loved ones, and most certainly your
> > sleep schedule. *       There is no guarantee of any type on performance,
> > stability, or *       your sanity.  Use at your own risk.

|  Dr. Alex Martin                                                           |
|  e-Mail:   a.j.martin at qmul.ac.uk        Queen Mary, University of London,  |
|  Phone :   +44-(0)20-7882-5033          Mile End Road,                     |
|  Fax   :   +44-(0)20-8981-9465          London, UK   E1 4NS                |