[Beowulf] Simple Cluster

Jim Lux James.P.Lux at jpl.nasa.gov
Mon Dec 15 12:15:31 EST 2003

Outstanding, Ranjit...
Great that you wrote up a page describing how you did it, too!! Especially,
describing the problems you encountered (i.e. slot dependence for network
cards..)

So now you can say you built your own supercomputer.  How cool is that.

Jim

At 01:54 PM 12/15/2003 +0000, Ranjit Chagar wrote:
>Hi robert/jim,
>
>Well I built a cluster just for the hell of it. And as you said, before the
>flames start, it was built just to see what I could do, built from cheap
>PCs, just for the fun of it. They are 133Mhz PII and I built mine following
>the instructions from pondermatic. Okay, so in this day and age that is old
>hat, and so is my system but I enjoyed building it and enjoy playing around
>with it. And then, being stupid myself, I wrote out instructions so that I
>could did it again cause I will be the first to admit my memory isn't that
>good.
>
>Full details at http://homepage.ntlworld.com/ranjit.chagar/
>
>Robert - if you have any questions let me know.
>
>Jim - I dont mean for this email to sound bad but my english sometimes is
>taken wrong. I mean to say that you can do it if you want.
>
>Best Regards, Ranjit

James Lux, P.E.
Spacecraft Telecommunications Section
4800 Oak Grove Drive