Fedora for x86_64

A.J. Rossini rossini at blindglobe.net
Mon Dec 1 12:11:27 EST 2003

Anyone know if it is a "true 64-bit" release, or a biarch (32/64), or
just a 32bit?

best,
-tony

Mike Snitzer <msnitzer at lnxi.com> writes:

> On Mon, Dec 01 2003 at 07:37,
> John Hearns <john.hearns at clustervision.com> wrote:
>
>> I saw this on the Fedora list that it has been released for x86_64
>> http://fedora.linux.duke.edu/fc1_x86_64/
>>
>> I should say that I haven't tried/used this myself, just thought
>> it would be of interest to this list.
>
> It should be noted that this is NOT an official Fedora Core 1 release for
> amd64; as taken from the post to fedora-devel:

> ISOs will not be provided for this release, but everything is there for
> an install.
>
> /***************************************************************************
> *       WARNING: This release is a preview, it is not an official Fedora
> *       Core 1 Release, this is not an official Fedora Core Test Release.
> *       This release may very well cause damage to your data, your system,
> *       your pets and loved ones, and most certainly your sleep schedule.
> *       There is no guarantee of any type on performance, stability, or
> *       your sanity.  Use at your own risk.

rossini at u.washington.edu            http://www.analytics.washington.edu/
Biomedical and Health Informatics   University of Washington
Biostatistics, SCHARP/HVTN          Fred Hutchinson Cancer Research Center
UW (Tu/Th/F): 206-616-7630 FAX=206-543-3461 | Voicemail is unreliable
FHCRC  (M/W): 206-667-7025 FAX=206-667-4812 | use Email

CONFIDENTIALITY NOTICE: This e-mail message and any attachments may be
confidential and privileged. If you received this message in error,
please destroy it and notify the sender. Thank you.