mulitcast copy or snowball copy

Rene Storm rene.storm at
Mon Aug 18 05:26:17 EDT 2003

Hi Beowulfers,
I want to distribute large files over a cluster.
To raise performance I decided to copy the file to the local HD of any node in the cluster.
Did someone find a multicast solution for that or maybe something with snowball principle?
Till now I've take a look at msync (multicast rsync).
Does someone have experiences with JETfs ?
My idea was to write some scripts which copy files via rsync with snowball,
but there are some heavy problems.
What happens if one node (in the middle) is down.
How does the next snowball generation know when to start copying (the last ones have finished copying)?
Any ideas ?
Thanks in advance