Beowulf digest, Vol 1 #1412 - 5 msgs

Farschad Torabi farschad at myrealbox.com
Sat Aug 16 08:47:55 EDT 2003

Dear Jason Connor and Roudy,
I think that my question covers Roudy's questions too ;^)

First of all Roudy, the new version of MPICH is available on the net i.e. mpich-1.2.5; you can dl it.

As Jason Connor advised me, I ran the following command:

<mpich-1.2.5 installed directory>/bin/mpirun -np 1 -machinefile machs -arch machines.arc a.out

the contents of machs is like this
    node1
    node1
and the contents of machines.arc (architecture file):
    node1.parallel.net
    node1.parallel.net
    node1.parallel.net

(Roudy I think that you have to use your file like this! the name of the machines are written in this file; in your case let say -arch mpd.hosts)

the program runs well on -np 1 machine but, when I wanted to define two processes on a single machine (i.e -np 2)it messages me:

"Could not find enough architecture for machines LINUX"

the question is, can we define more that ONE processes on a SINGLE machine??

Thanks