Bid deadline extended for UC Irvine climate computer

Charlie Zender zender at uci.edu
Fri Aug 15 18:14:58 EDT 2003

Hi Donald,

Response from members on the beowulf list has been so positive that we
are extending our bid deadline in order to give your list members who
want to bid a fair chance to prepare competitive bids. Would you
please allow posting of this notice of extension so that those vendors
who thought they may not have enough time to submit bids become aware
of the two week extension? I promise not to bother you again :)

One thought: We are not the only Institution buying medium size
"super-computers" that Beowulf vendors might like to know about.
It might be a good idea for the whole Beowulf community to create
a separate list for RFPs. Such a list would help buyers and Beowulf
vendors find eachother.

Thanks!
Charlie
--
Charlie Zender, zender at uci dot edu, (949) 824-2987, Department of
Earth System Science, University of California, Irvine CA 92697-3100

Dear HPC Vendors,

We are extending by two weeks the deadline for submission of bids in
response to the $900,000 Earth System Modeling Facility RFP:

http://www.ess.uci.edu/esmf

The new bid deadline is Friday, September 5.
All other deadlines and the expected timeline are also shifted by two
weeks, and these changes are reflected on the recently updated web
page and conference summary. Consequently, the deadline to send
bid-related questions to Ralph Kupcha <rckupcha at uci.edu> is Friday,
August 29.

We hope that this extension provides some additional breathing room to
improve any parts of your bid that you might have rushed to finish.
At the same time, we are now ready to accept any completed proposals
and look forward to reading your ideas on how best to meet our coupled
climate modeling needs.

Sincerely,
Ralph Kupcha