Beowulf Research

Robert G. Brown rgb at phy.duke.edu
Sat Aug 2 14:50:03 EDT 2003

On 2 Aug 2003, mukund govind umalkar wrote:

> hello sir,
> i am a graduate student, and i am intrested in doing research on
> Beowulf clusters, so plzz send me some material and let me know
> about the various papers that have presented on Beowulf.
>
> If possible please some useful URLs for the same

There are lots of starting points, and the better sites form for all
practical purposes a webring with mutual links interconnecting them so
sites you don't find on one you're likely to find on another linked to
it.

One such starting point is:

  http://www.phy.duke.edu/brahma

(look under e.g. resources and links and papers).  Brahma will lead you
do the beowulf underground, to the original/main beowulf site, and to
many other well-known clustering sites and resources.

To find "real" papers on clustering, check out e.g. ;login and various
other computer geek journals and magazines.  Linux Magazine has an
excellent clustering column by Forrest Hoffman.  There are some online
webzines devoted to clustering (some linked to brahma).  Google is your
friend here -- with google you can find out pretty much anything that is
online.

   rgb

> thanx
> Mukund

Duke University Dept. of Physics, Box 90305
Durham, N.C. 27708-0305
Phone: 1-919-660-2567  Fax: 919-660-2525     email:rgb at phy.duke.edu