beowulf in space

astroguy astroguy at bellsouth.net
Sat Apr 26 00:25:23 EDT 2003

Gerry Creager wrote:

> Layers 8 & 9 (fiscal/political) of the ISO model?
>
> gerry
>
> Dean Johnson wrote:
> > On Fri, 2003-04-25 at 00:31, Jim Ahia wrote:
> >
> > In terms of setting up mining operations on other celestial bodies, cpu stability
> > and radiation protection are amongst the least of your worries. What will be
> > needed is "diplomacy hardened" and "bureaucracy proofed" processes. Technical
> > issues are largely tractable, one way or another, but the institutional and
> > international issues will be like herding cats on crack.
>
> --
> Gerry Creager -- gerry.creager at tamu.edu
> Network Engineering -- AATLT, Texas A&M University
> Office: 979.458.4020  FAX: 979.847.8578
> Cell: 979.229.5301    Pager: 979.228.0173

Hi Gerry,
Since you asked... not sure what distro of ISO we may need but there is a lot
of work yet here on Terra fir ma... one area of convergence that the Beowolf
in space might hold some measure of promise in synergistic high radiation
environment would be, at least in my mind, the site of Chernobyl that no one
is very keen to talk about but all are certanly aware it is a site that must be revisited... in the death toll
even greater that our 9/11... and their Russian firefighters are still adding their heroic numbers to the list...
Who are we to ask them to sacrifice more than they have already... But I think all agree we have a daunting and
serious job to do in a very difficult almost space like environment.
. Crazy Russians a little nuts but ya just got to love'em
Just posting, thanks for list indulgence
c.clary
spartan sys.
po box 1515
spartanburg, sc 29304-0243