back to the issue of cooling

Ken Chase math at velocet.ca
Fri Apr 25 15:18:00 EDT 2003

On Thu, Apr 24, 2003 at 07:08:42AM +0200, Alan Ward's all...
  >I tend to think Transmeta and other low-power CPUs belong on the
  >desktop, so you can run them without the noisy fans (and they don't
  >heat up the air).

make them diskless and you have no moving parts - great for remote
machines that are mission critical but you cant get to them quick for
repair.

Im gonna stick my firewall on one of these, hide it in the closet, and boot it
off my desktop cuz the $WIFE "doesnt want to see anymore bloody computers in
the house!"

/kc