back to the issue of cooling

Eray Ozkural exa at kablonet.com.tr
Tue Apr 22 16:26:27 EDT 2003

On Tuesday 22 April 2003 20:51, jbassett wrote:
> Yes , yes I haven't forgotten that yellow stat phys book that I enjoyed a
> couple of semesters ago. It depresses me that there is not an easy
> solution. I suppose it is better to make the engine more efficient than to
> try to trap unburned fuel. Cluster o' Transmeta.

Has anybody calculated if the operation of a low-power cluster can amortize
the actual price of the system in a couple of years? I'm thinking something
like an apple cluster or something, might actually be viable! What about
total cost/processing power of the cluster ?

Cheers,

--
Eray Ozkural (exa) <erayo at cs.bilkent.edu.tr>
Comp. Sci. Dept., Bilkent University, Ankara  KDE Project: http://www.kde.org