Opteron announcement

Jeff Nguyen jeff at aslab.com
Tue Apr 22 14:27:00 EDT 2003

Hi Bill,

Here is an interesting benchmark result of the Opteron platforms
running on the combination of 32-bit/64-bit operating system and
applications. For this benchmark, Povray 3D ray tracer is used.

Platform                                 Render Time (smaller is faster)
Opteron Model 242                41m 44s
   1.6ghz, 1MB L2, 32-bit OS (RH 8.0), 32-bit Povray binary

Opteron Model 242                41m 44s
   1.6ghz, 1MB L2, 32-bit OS (RH 8.0), 32-bit Povray binary

Opteron Model 242                41m 44s
   1.6ghz, 1MB L2, 64-bit OS (UnitedLinux x86-64 v1.0), 32-bit Povray binary

Opteron Model 242                30m 12s
   1.6ghz, 1MB L2, 64-bit OS (UnitedLinux x86-64 v1.0), 64-bit Povray binary

Intel Xeon 3.06ghz                    31m 11s
   32-bit OS (RH 8.0), 32-bit Povray binary

Jeff

ASL Inc.