PGI v5.0 [Beta] avail.. (was: Opteron announcement)

Brian Dobbins brian.dobbins at yale.edu
Tue Apr 22 11:54:09 EDT 2003

[Mikhail Kuzminksy said:]
>   PGI (Portland Group) 5.0 will have Opteron support. The product
>will be available at summer (June, if I remember correctly).
>It'll be very interesting to compare !

  You can download a beta now, though it doesn't support cross-compiling,
so you need an Opteron system.  I recently used it to benchmark a code and
was thoroughly impressed.  I haven't yet run that same code on an Opteron
via the Intel compilers, but I should have a system arriving soon and will
certainly try that out to see the difference.

  PGI v5.0 Beta:
  http://www.pgroup.com/AMD64.htm

  Cheers,
  - Brian