beowulf in space

astroguy at bellsouth.net astroguy at bellsouth.net
Sun Apr 20 13:05:31 EDT 2003

PS. I'm not sure if this got out as I been getting out cause I've been fiddling with my pop and IMAP system settings...  forever tinkering.
But I have to agree this topic has spilled over into areas that this beowulfy seldom visits but if we are  going to fly the cluster into the hostile environment of space all these areas must be considered... the thermal as well as a combinations of electro static and magnetic shielding .... and sure, as Jim points out it is going to take money... but perhaps even more than money... Is the passion (in the 60's it was electric and contagious)...  the commitment and enthusiastic support of another generation will have to have their imaginations stirred as to the complexity and daunting challenge of the goals space exploration, research not just in terms of gold and treasure but in the blood, sweat, and as recent events again revisit the tears of it all.. As space exploration is forever to remain the most risky business... But it is also the most exciting and noble of all human adventures.