Brahma Site Officially Rebuilt

Robert G. Brown rgb at phy.duke.edu
Sat Apr 19 19:49:39 EDT 2003

Dear All,

The <a href="http://www.phy.duke.edu/brahma/index.php">brahma</a>
website has just been completely redone in php so that it looks much
prettier and is much easier to navigate.  I have worked very hard to
validate all the links, although I'm sure that some links are still
broken or missing from the previous site.  I have also written a
moderately detailed description of the various clusters that are part of
the "brahma" project.

The beowulf engineering book is still there (in three forms), and any
old bookmarks to it should be forwarded.  The links and vendors lists
are updated and augmented with new entries.  Software, talks and papers,
and other resources are much better organized.  Nearly everything has
meta tags that should make the associated resource more visible to
search engines on campus or off.  The old site is even there, preserved
in its entirety, in case there are things you rely on or find in a
search engine that failed to get moved (yet).

Beowulf list persons who have used the site in the past are invited to
revisit it, browse it, and update their bookmarks or URL's.
Beowulf-associated managers or vendors with sites of their own are
invited to check it out and send me links or update requests if your
site is missing or broken.

DBUG persons on campus are invited to visit it and the DBUG site and to
REGISTER THEIR CLUSTERS on the DBUG site if they have not already done
so.

DULUG persons on campus who are interested in cluster computing or
interested in learning about a bit of of what is being done with linux
at the high performance computing edge are invited to visit it just to
check it out for fun.

Finally, physics department persons who use the cluster or operate one
of the subclusters in brahma are invited to send me comments, entries
for the various (woefully incomplete) tables crossreferencing personnel
that use the cluster or research group pages that detail some of what is
being done with the cluster.  Look especially under the Users, Clusters
and Research pages and let me know if you find egregious errors or want
to send me updated information for the tables.

Thank you,

   rgb

Duke University Dept. of Physics, Box 90305
Durham, N.C. 27708-0305
Phone: 1-919-660-2567  Fax: 919-660-2525     email:rgb at phy.duke.edu