beowulf in space

Gerry Creager N5JXS gerry.creager at tamu.edu
Fri Apr 18 09:04:21 EDT 2003

Generally, hardening takes a lot more than a sealed box, although
packaging of the processor is part of it.  It involves considerations of
trace sizing on the die, deposition thickness, and a number of other
things.  Generally, it takes a lot of work to test and certify a lot of
processors as to their rad-hardness.

There's really a lot of effort that goes into it.

gerry

Gerry Creager -- gerry.creager at tamu.edu
Cell: 979.229.5301 Office: 979.458.4020 FAX: 979.847.8578
Page: 979.228.0173