[Linux-ia64] Itanium gets supercomputing software

Keith D. Underwood kdunder at sandia.gov
Tue Apr 15 11:41:32 EDT 2003

>  Don't think EPIC compile times compare to those of the MultiFlow, but
>  I have no direct experience.

>From what I hear, compile times are not particularly good for EPIC...

>  The benefits are hard to quantify, but I believe significant part
>  of the I2's SpecFP score is EPIC derived.
>
>  I am guessing others disagree ... ;-) ... Oui?

You should actually look at those numbers.  See here:

http://www.spec.org/cpu2000/results/res2002q4/cpu2000-20021119-01859.html

The only way you get graphs like that is when a couple of your
benchmarks actually fit in cache.  Benchmarks running from cache are not
terribly representative of most real applications.

					Keith

--
Keith D. Underwood <kdunder at sandia.gov>