beginner help

Murad Nayal mn216 at columbia.edu
Tue Apr 15 11:12:36 EDT 2003

Hello,

I am new to the beowulf system. our cluster has been having problems
mostly with bpsh where for example 'bpsh 0 ls' returns either nothing or
errors:

bpsh 0 ls
ls: error while loading shared libraries: /lib/libtermcap.so.2: cannot
read file data: Error 116

this sounds like /lib is not accessible on node 0. I wrote a small
program to print the /lib directory contents to a file, and another
program that uses bproc_execmove to run the previous program on node 0.
both programs linked static as not to need dynamic linking. and in fact
I do obtain a listing for /lib on node 0. as I said I am a novice and
have no idea where to go from here. any suggestions. the problem seems
to go away after reboot.

many thanks in advance.
Murad