[Linux-ia64] Itanium gets supercomputing software

Joe Landman landman at scalableinformatics.com
Tue Apr 15 10:44:48 EDT 2003

On Mon, 2003-04-14 at 19:14, Duraid Madina wrote:

> What a great reason to charge through the roof.
>
> > EPIC compiler technology,

(hauling out an old VLIW story)

I remember the Trace Multiflow in 1991 or so, where compiling my
molecular dynamics code took the better part of a day.  Made debugging
interesting, as the "bug" only appeared in the optimized code.

Out of curiosity, is all the good compiler technology for IA64 going to
be retained in the Intel (and other commercial) compilers?  Someone had
posted a link to a machine to play with and I had blown it away (the
link that is)... could we get a quick repost of that?  Thanks.

--
Joseph Landman, Ph.D
Scalable Informatics LLC,
email: landman at scalableinformatics.com